How to Fix Error - Cannot Select 'Mail' in Vista Control Panel?
Cannot Select 'Mail' in Vista Control Panel
My setup is:
Sony Vaio laptop
Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 2
I use Outlook.com for emailing with Outlook 2010 as my email client, synchronised using Hotmail Connector (latest update).
I understood that 'Mail' in Control Panel becomes accessible when Outlook is used.
However, it is always greyed out and I cannot therefore select it.
Does that mean I do not have a 'Mail' profile? Perhaps a profile does not get created with this (MAPI) setup?
I ask because another programme I am using seems to crash when looking for the profile.
So it would be good to know.
Any help information would be gratefully received!
Anwsers to the Problem Cannot Select 'Mail' in Vista Control Panel
Check memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Cannot Select 'Mail' in Vista Control Panel:
How to Fix Cannot Select 'Mail' in Vista Control Panel with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Batch Re-arrangement Of Excel Columns With Multiple Files,Black Screen Followed By Extremely Slow Boot, But No Entry In Event Log,Baixar Mfc.100dll,Bang Authenticate Dll Error - Receive Error Message: "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage",Black Screen And Restoring To Factory Settings,Browsers Are All Set To Unavailble And I Can Not Change The Default,C:\Users\MyName\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\Favorites\...\Favorites Refers To A Location That Is Unavailable.....bla Bla Bla__,Calculate "Median" In Totals Row Of Pivot Table,Brightness Does Not Work After Downloading The New Windows 8.1 (ATIV Book 8),BSOD While Browsing With Chrome - Crash Address Ntoskrnl.exe+5a440,Can Someone Tell Me What The Different Is In Using A Subform In A Main Form Instead Of Creating A Form Outside Of The Main Form And Dragging It Into The Main Form?,Can I Uninstall IE10 Directly Back To IE8?,Can I Work With Excel Spreadsheets And Make Changes On Them On A Kindle Fire Or Ipad,Can't Get A Used To Part Of The Network PC Connect To Regular Internet At Home.,CAN'T DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENTS FROM EMAIL OR DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM A WEBSITE,Can't Install AutoCad 2009 On Windows 7 As It States Can't Install On This Version Of Windows,Can't Get Rid Of Network Place That Is Powered Off...?,Can't Pair Blueant X5i Wireless Headset With Windows Vista.,Can't Shut Down Windows 7,Can't Send Emails On Windows Mail --- Error 0x800CCC0B Comes Up,Can you have Multiple security programs?,Can someone tell me how I can get rid of Microsoft Visual++++ Runtime error?,Can't boot up on Windows 8 recovery disks,can you read this minidump file please?,Can't Find Windows Fax and Scan